Its My LIFE. Why do you even give a damn when you don't have one?

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Internship at Penang General Hospital



journey to penang general hospital at 7am in the morning



random old shop





An amazing 3 months of wonderful internship at Penang General Hospital Pathological department. Im gonna miss you my cute handsome doc! lol.. i know i sound bit crazy maybe tonnes of crazy-ness we had created in the pathological laboratories with my co-friend, shalini, mun wei and xin rui. We actually find each other a candidate future husband in the hospital and its realy funny how me and Shalini attended the cme( continuous medical education) just to cuci mata and sleep in the acc building. Young , cute handsome and nerdy doctors are all available in General Hospital and sadly we failed to date anyone of them for lunch , breakfast or tea break
Along the way, met awesome friends from other college such as lia and lily( they are awesome) because they send me the whole WI( working instruction) of the pathology lab:)

Let me list out the most amazing experience i will never forget during the internship

1. experiencing a live show on bone marrow aspiration technique with a medical lab technologist-steve moore( he is realy a cool guy)
2. Fine needle aspiration technique with abang Alif ( he is realy kind coz give us rm10 on our 2nd day of work and ask us to eat)
3. Watching a live show on how the doctors debate on the stage after presenting his topic,i cant remember whats his name but i think he is from penang medical college
4. An interesting nice presentation, interesting one from Dr . ( i cant remember his name) but its on erectile dysfuction topic)
5. working with the opd department where many patient mistaken us for the real doctor and they keep calling us lo kun( doctor in hokkien) and asked us is the result okay
6. Eat snake or go out and makan thou its not our break now just to have fun since we dont have to punch card when we go out for brunch or tea time.

All in all, we had lotsa fun in the lab, get to do our own urine test, blood test on renal profile, glucose level, hormone, hepatitis and HIV.

here a list of must to eat food in Penang General Hospital

1. Rauwter roti canai
2. Rauwter nasi beriani
3. Keseri at the indian vegetarian shop
4. Mee goreng faisah
5. Nasi lemak cedok tom and jerry
6. Economy rice at chinese coffee shop

What i discover about my internship
After graduating from biomedical science, i will be a scientific officer in the government sector

The truth: only a few scientific lab officer needed in the lab, and the government hospital only accept student from local uni which is a JPA scholar

My hope: private sector but they only accept those who is with 5years experience

My future: divert from my degree course and venture marketing, and sales.Do my master and be a lecturer, food technologist , dietitian and nutritionist



yellow cassette from histopathology lab


view from the pysco ward



view from the library


Books from the library


me doing some serios business in the lab ( embedding)


shalini and mun wei at rauwter


me and xin rui



famous rauwter nasi beriani




My idol: he survive tru rain, thunder,and storm. salute him!



with chest lab's staff


my punch card



Basically we tried new food almost everyday because of the row of hawker stall outside the Penang General Hospital.A token of appreciation to all the helpful medical lab technologist who give us all the knowledge that we needed.


Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I googled and came across your blog.Can I ask you more about interning at Penang GH?...I am reviewing for hospitals to apply to for my internship....

    ReplyDelete